Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Ephesians 2:16

Together as one body, Christ reconciled both groups to God by means of his death on the cross, and our hostility toward each other was put to death (Ephesians 2:16 NLT).

Really?  Sure could have fooled me.  The hostility between Jews and Gentiles is at an all time high.  For the first time in our history as a country, we are disengaging from our solid stand by Israel we have had for centuries and countries like the Ukraine are beginning to show pre-Nazi treatment of their Jewish residents in making them register for the purpose of knowing how many are in the country and where they are specially located.

Obviously, this Biblical truth will be difficult to see with our natural eyes.  Like many other spiritual principles and laws, the validity of their reality does not rely upon the manifestation of that truth on planet earth.  The principle is true whether we embrace that truth or not.  For instance, as a believer, according to God’s Word, I am a citizen of Heaven, I am a child of God, every spiritual blessing of Christ is mine because I am united with Him by God’s grace, I am Heaven-bound instead of Hell-bound, I have all authority over the enemy, I am the apple of God’s eye, I can do all things through Christ, I have a table prepared before me in the presence of my enemies, I am the head and not the tail, I am privileged to know the joy of the resurrection and the fellowship of the sufferings of Christ. 

The list could continue forever, but the bottom line is that the only way to actually manifest the reality of these truths on planet earth is by faith, which is why the Bible tell us:

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

In the case at hand, the peace that Christ purchased between Jews and Gentiles is available to anyone who aspires to live by faith, which is why as a Christian we should always find ourselves on the same side as Israel.  When we do, we will enjoy the reward that comes from a life lived by faith. 

Today I will ask Jesus to grant me the faith to see as He sees, to love what He loves, and, as the song says, to break my heart for what breaks His.

Check out Gennarino's devotion on Ephesians 2:16.



No comments:

Post a Comment