Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Ephesians 2:10


For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago (Ephesians 2:10 NLT).

Yet another part of our inheritance that stands at the ready to be claimed is the plan for our lives.  God planned out the exact things we would be doing on his behalf once we were made alive and anew in Christ.  So, part of the new life I have in Jesus is to walk in the good works that God specifically assigned to me.

Wow, what if I don’t?  What if I never really seek His face to find out what those good works are?  What if I just live life on planet earth in way that is self-absorbed and myopic?  Obviously, there would be less reward in Heaven, but that’s not the real point of this promise.  At the center of this vital piece of the puzzle called “my plan,” is the fact that God is a master designer. That means that I was created in my mother’s womb specifically with a personality and talents that totally match my calling.  Therefore, to find my ultimate significance, joy, purpose, and gratification in life – in this life, it is essential that I find “His plan,” for my life.  To the degree I settle for anything less will be the degree to which I am discontent and unfulfilled.

How exactly do we find God’s plan and these good works?  The Lord does not leave us guessing on this important topic.  In fact, the answer to this question is in the very verse we quote all the time about the plan God has for our lives, but we often stop short and don’t see it.  Jeremiah 29:11 reads:

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

But it doesn’t stop there.  It goes on to say:

Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.  And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart (Jeremiah 29:11-13 NKJV).

We will find the plan for our life that God specifically created with us in mind -  considering our personality, talents, gifts, and passion.  Yet we will only find it when we search with all our heart for Him – not the plan.

Today I will search for God in my day, not my day in God.

Be sure to check out Gennarino's devotion on Ephesians 2:10.





No comments:

Post a Comment