Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Ephesians 1:4 - Chosen for a Destiny

 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. (Ephesians 1:4 NLT).

God’s foreknowledge is both disturbing and comforting at the same time.  It disturbs my finite brain to attempt to comprehend the superior intelligence of the Father in knowing every minutia of this world. From the people, the events, the history, the future, from the tiniest moment in the least known individual’s life to the greatest event in the historical record of a nation - it was all in the mind of God before He ever said “Let there be light.”  It is hard to fathom, yet because it is true, I derive great comfort in knowing that I was not an accident and my being was and is always in the mind and heart of God even before the world began. 

Many people spend their entire existence here trying to find their purpose in life.   As profound as this verse is, it brings the assurance that my purpose has already been clearly defined by God.  As I pursue my relationship with Him, He has promised to show me the path I am to walk on:

Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left (Isaiah 30:21 NKJV).

It makes perfect sense – especially in light of the fact that God’s ways are higher than mine -  that I not spend endless hours searching for the path, but rather spend those hours searching for the God who already knows the way. 

Today, I will ask God what His assignment is on the path to my destiny and then I will “walk in it.”


No comments:

Post a Comment