Saturday, August 6, 2011

In You Alone

No one is holy like the LORD,  for there is none besides You, nor is there any rock like our God. 1 Samuel 2:2 NKJV)

You alone are God.  You alone know the depth of my pain and the height of my joy.  You alone can determine the course of my life.  You are the very essence of what my heart cries for and my soul searches for.  You alone know the most intimate thoughts and intentions of my mind.  You alone search the tiniest corners of my puny world and the boundless infinity of eternity.  Your thoughts towards me are kind, benevolent, good, true, righteous, and holy.  You desire to bring only good to my life.  You are trustworthy with my soul for You alone know what I need the most.  You are faithful to bring about those events in my life that are necessary for my sanctification so that I will enjoy You for all eternity.  You alone know my deepest fear and my greatest potential.  In You alone is hope for tomorrow and strength for today.  You alone hold the answers to my future, the victories for my struggles, and the comfort for my sorrows.  You bring goodness and calamity based upon Your omniscience of my need for both.  Your love is endless, timeless, matchless.  It is beyond any human capacity to affirm and validate.  Only in You is there a blessing sufficient to satisfy my soul in its search for significance.  You alone hold the key to my well being.  In You alone is life and outside of You is only death.  Were I to spend my entire life pursuing the goal of finding security, approval, love, and contentment in anything in this entire universe but You, I would fail miserably.  Only You can save me from the lesser life of self.

Lord, my hope, trust, faith, and my heart are in You alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment